ST. GEORGE MINISTRY TEAM PROGRAM - The Parish Ministry Team Program consists of three categories that support the church.
- SPIRITUAL TEAMS - Help renew spirituality in the lives others
- FELLOWSHIP TEAMS- Bring unity throughout our Church, Diocese, and visitors
- HUMANITARIAN TEAMS - Be active in the Parish outreach to the community
Please see the individual teams webpage below for more informaiton.
The Parish Ministry Team (PMT) Program is an effective way to organize our efforts and focus our work by providing opportunities for each church member to recognize our parish and our community needs and participate in addressing those needs by volunteering in one or more of the PMT Teams.
Scared Music: Share musical talents with the Parish during prayer services. Meet during the week for rehearsals and sing at Church and if possible other services during the week.
- Choirs: I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praises to God while I have my being.? (Psalm 103:33-34)The Choir sings the responses for the liturgical services of the Church. Their singing emulates the Choirs of Angels at the Throne of God.The English Choir, under the direction of Dr Bill Attra, practices every Monday evening at 7:00 P.M. in the Church.
Those interested in singing in the Arabic Choir should see the Protopsalti, Sami Zanayed.
- Chanters: I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praises to God while I have my being. (Psalm 103:33-34) The Chanters sing the responses for the liturgical services of the Church -- paricularly Vespers and Matins.
Those interested in Byzantine Chant should see Fr. James Shadid.
Those interested in chanting in Arabic should see the Protopsalti, Sami Zanayed.
- Spiritual Involvement: Helps organize and assist with preparing for Parish Retreats, Friday Akathist discussions, special feast days, and pot-luck dinners to the benefit of Orthodox and non-Orthodox alike.
- St. Philip's Prayer Discipline: Join the prayer team of the parish to pray for all those in need , encourage an active prayer life in the prayer life in the parish and at home.ALTAR SERVERS Team - Fr Symeon Kees
- St. Sophia's Fellowship for Mothers: Open to Orthodox Christian mothers with children of all ages. Meet regularly for prayer, fellowship, and support.
- Theological Resources: The Bookstore and Library makes Orthodox religious materials easily accessable to spread the faith, enhance spirituality, and promote prayer. Volunteer on Sundays in teh Bookstore or Library or help during the week with inventory.
- Sunshine Comittee: Send "sympathy" or "get well" cards on behalf of St. George.
- Altar Servers: Males to serve at the Holy Altar, between ages 8 and 18 years old. Volunteers needed for Sundays and special services.
- Church School Helpers: Help the Church School Teachers with activities they plan for children. Volunteers need to be available on Sundays after Communion.
- Greeters / Newcomers: Help make visitors , prospective new Parishioners and New Members feel welcome. Volunteers needed for Sundays and special services.
- Historical Chronology: Help keep the fellowship spirit of St. George alive through a photo history of the Parish activities.
- Seniors: Join us for our monthly bus trips to various locations where we enjoy fellowship, relaxation, education and adventure. We also have a Senior Bingo and other activities.
- Ushering: Help with ushering during services, and other special duties of church etiquette.
- CPS Christmas Party: Annual Christmas party for the children under protection.
- DADS Luncheon: Annual Christmas Luncheo for the Department of Aging and Disability Services.
- Food Pantry Team: Helps to stock the food pantry and puts together food boxes for those in need.
- Helping Hands: Share your "handyman" talents with special odd-job projects for the Parish.
- Meals for captives: Help cook for "Free the Captives", a non-profit that fights for human trafficking in the Houston area.
- Orthodox Christian Prison Ministry (OCPM) Houston: This pan-Orthodox organization is the official prison ministry of the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of North and Central America. Bring the love of Christ to prisoners, those reentering society, adn their family members,
- Visitation Team: Visit, call, write, and Pray with the sick, elderly Parishners with a Priest. Volunteers need to be available to go out during the day time.