Beloved Family of St. George,
CHRIST IS IN OUR MIDST!
St. George continues to monitor the COVID 19 situation in Houston and will notify the Parish of any changes to our current protocols. Our primary concern is the health and safety of our community.
We continue to welcome parishioners who wish to worship in the Church into our home of St. George using two alphabetical categories as listed below. As always, St. George services will continue to be live-streamed (click here). Please read the entirety of this message as restrictions will be in effect in order to protect our precious community.
Should you have any questions or concerns AFTER reading the following, please feel free to contact me at (316) 209-3605.
May our merciful and good GOD keep you and your family in His holy hands.
Current Guidelines for St. George attendance:
- Church attendance has been split into two alphabetical categories by last names. Families with the letters A thru J are invited to attend one Sunday. Those with last names beginning with K thru Z will be offered the opportunity to attend the following Sunday (attendance will then alternate every other Sunday based on said last manes). If you are unsure which Sunday is for your family, please check your weekly email or contact the Church Office.
- Anyone who is considered "at-risk” by CDC guidelines, please continue to watch services remotely. https://www.cdc.gov/ coronavirus/2019-ncov/need- extra-precautions/people-at- higher-risk.htmlAnybody with some or all of the following symptoms: Cough, shortness of breath, nasal congestion, excessive fatigue, muscle aches, fever, loss of smell, loss of taste, sore throat or fever should stay home and seek immediate medical attention.
- Anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, has symptoms as listed by CDC or has been in contact with anyone with symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19 please continue to watch services remotely until a negative test has been received. https://www.cdc. gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/ symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
- There will only be two entrances to the church, one on Mercer side and one on Sewanee side. Please follow signage and posted directions.
- You will be asked at the entrance if you have read the aforementioned symptom guideline and are symptom free.
- Your temperature will be taken by Greeters using no-touch thermometers at the entrance to the church. If your temperature is greater than 100F, you will be asked to return home.
- All who attend will be required to wear face masks during the entirety of the service, except for children 2 years of age or younger. Please bring your own mask as supplies are limited.
- There will be tape on the outside/floor/carpet giving direction, including social distancing requirements during communion and entering/exiting the church.
- All who attend must maintain social distancing and comply with Ushers and Greeters' seating assignments and directions before, during and after the service.
- Collection will not be taken, so please go online or use your St George app to continue your giving to the church.
- The bookstore, library, infant room and playground will be closed.
- We encourage those who wish to attend to arrive between 8:30a - 9:45a as to allow enough time to properly enter the church.
We thank you for your understanding and following all the guidelines set by the Archdiocese and local authorities. May GOD grant us all patience and wisdom to persevere.